1kg Sebago potatoes or a light fluffy potato
200g Unsalted butter diced
100ml Thickened cream
- Peel the potatoes and cut them roughly into 1-2 inch size pieces, make sure they are pretty close in size so they cook evenly.
- Place in a heavy base pot and just cover with cold water. Add a decent amount of salt (potatoes love salt, don’t be shy!).
- Bring them to boil, then turn down to a slow simmer. After roughly 20mins or until just tender, drain potatoes well in a colander.
- Place the potatoes back into the pot and put back onto heat, stiring with a wooden spoon. This will let the potatoes dry and steam to remove any excess moisture. Do this for 1 minute.
- Mash with a masher, if you have a drum sieve push through that as you will achieve a smoother result. Take care not to let your potato cool down too much as it can become lumpy.
- Over heat, beat in the diced butter until all combined and then add hot cream. Season with a generous amount of salt and serve immediately.